Friday, December 31, 2010

Sparrow RoadSparrow Road by Sheila O'Connor

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I know a book is a good one when I have to keep reading to satisfy my curiosity about a character or plot. Sparrow Road offers mystery in abundance. O'Connor creates a very real world with characters you can relate to and see in your own life. The story combines dreams, sadness, happiness and imagination.
Raine and her mother abruptly move from Milwaukee, leaving behind friends, a job and a grandfather to take a summer job in Sparrow Road. Once owned by a rich family, Sparrow Road was donated to charity, became an orphanage and later shut down; now it is an artists' haven. And here is where the mysteries begin: why did Raine's mother suddenly decided to move? What is the connection between Lillian and Viktor? What happened to all those orphans, especially Lyman who left his name on a painting in the attic.
An enthralling read. Well worth the time.



View all my reviews

No comments: